Monday, January 5, 2009

Psalm 125

"The Lord surrounds His people like the mountains surround Jerusalem" and "those who trust in the Lord cannot be moved." I pray, Lord, that you give me this kind of trust that cannot be moved. As I begin this prayer journey and begin starting my day early and deliberately, I pray that You surround me and I feel Your presence all around me.

As I confess my sinful discontentment in my financial circumstances, I pray, Lord, that you cause me to stand and not be moved. That I may trust in YOU to provide my happiness. That I do not return and seek my pleasure in the world and the fun that money can buy me.

I thank you, God, that "the scepter of wickedness shall not rest on the land allotted to the righteous." I praise You because the ground that the church has been given for the Kingdom can never be taken back. We can never lose ground in this battle, we can only push forward. Forgive me, Lord, for not having a wartime mentality. Help me to be so wrapped up in You and in gaining ground with You in Your Kingdom that nothing else matters.

Most of all I fall on my face and worship You for making me one of the "righteous." I have no righteousness of my own to offer You. You have freely given the righteousness of Christ!

1 comment:

DL said...

That is a great insight on psalm 125