Monday, February 2, 2009

Psalm 103

Psalm 103

10
He does not deal with us according to our sins,
nor repay us according to our iniquities.
11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him;
12 as far as the east is from the west,
so far does he remove our transgressions from us.

15 As for man, his days are like grass;
he flourishes like a flower of the field;
16 for the wind passes over it, and it is gone,
and its place knows it no more.
17 But the steadfast love of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting on those who fear him,
and his righteousness to children's children,
18 to those who keep his covenant
and remember to do his commandments.
19 The Lord has established his throne in the heavens,
and his kingdom rules over all

How comforting it is to realize that our God is so much greater than our plans! Our days are like flowers that are here and then gone in a season. But the steadfast love of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting. He has a glorious redemptive plan worked out. And He has chosen to use us, with all of our sin, to be a part of what He is doing. For he does not deal with us according to our sins, PRAISE GOD!

He has removed our sins from us as far as the east is from the west. Lord knows my sins have been many, and some of them great, and he knows them all very well. He paid for each of them. But I have nothing to hang my head over! He has taken them all and removed them from me, never to appear again. What freedom! And not just the sins of the past, but also of the future, the ones that will shock me tomorrow, he has already dealt with. I stand amazed!! How marvelous, how wonderful is my Savior's love for me!

20 Bless the Lord, O you his angels,
you mighty ones who do his word,
obeying the voice of his word!
21 Bless the Lord, all his hosts,
his ministers, who do his will!
22 Bless the Lord, all his works,
in all places of his dominion.
Bless the Lord, O my soul!

Let my soul join the hosts of heaven today! Bless the Lord, O my soul!

1 comment:

JanAl said...

Praise God for His steadfast love. On my own, I would have withered to nothing by now. I praise You Oh Lord for the forgiveness of sin. You Oh Lord are worthy of ALL praise , honor and glory!