Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Immeasurable Greatness of His Power

Ephesians 1 (15-23)

... that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, 19 and what is the immeasurable greatness of his power toward us who believe, according to the working of his great might 20 that he worked in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places, 21 far above all rule and authority and power and dominion, and above every name that is named, not only in this age but also in the one to come. 22 And he put all things under his feet and gave him as head over all things to the church, 23 which is his body, the fullness of him who fills all in all.

The church... the body... the fullness of him who fills all in all... that's us! We are the body, the extension of the One who fills all in all. We have behind us the immeasurable greatness of His power! The same power that raised Christ from the dead and placed him above all things!!

Father, I pray that you would give me a spirit of wisdom and knowledge of you. Of the hope you have called me to! Teach me to live each minute knowing that there are so many around me who do not have this hope and are waiting for me to show them. Show me the riches of the glorious inheritance, so that no trial or struggle in this life has any power over me. Show me the immeasurable greatness of your power, the power that raised Christ from the dead. I have seen it raise those who were dead in their sins and change their despair to hope!

I pray, Lord, that you will raise up a body of believers in this area who will believe in the greatness of your power enough devote their lives to spreading your Word. I pray that we would see a mighty display of your power in the lives of those around us!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read this yesterday and was encouraged by it...
"Straining Toward The Goal"
Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. (Philippians 3:12)
May we see our trials as the fire God is using to perfect us. The more trials I endure (through the help of His Spirit) the more quickly I am able, when faced by more trials, to see them as blessings and chastisement from a Father Who loves me. May He perfect us so that we in turn can reflect His perfection to others so that they too will have hope.

JanAl said...

AMEN!