Friday, February 20, 2009

I'm Back

Wow, after 9 days, I think I'm slightly dehydrated! I ask all of my many readers :) to pray for me. I have been thirsty and refusing to drink. My heart is stubborn and unreasonable. I have been busy for the last week, but not THAT busy. I confess to you that I have not just been neglecting to post, but neglecting to drink of the living water on a regular basis. But praise God that today I drink! And praise God that, though I have been away from my blog, I have not been away from the Living Water Himself, because He never leaves me or forsakes me!

Ephesians 1
3
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, 4 even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him.

I have chosen, with my husband's help, to pray through the book of Ephesians. A great book to come back to! What freedom to know that He has chosen me to be holy and blameless before him. Whenever I see words like this in the Bible, "before him," it stops me dead in my reading tracks! I picture standing face to face with Him, and a strange mix of emotions flood over me. Love, fear, awe, shame, security, relief, and on and on. But when I allow myself to dwell on the truth, that I will stand before him, and do stand before him now, holy and blameless because of HIS substitution, I am elated!

Thank you, Lord, for YOU. Without you, I have nothing, I am nothing. Because of you I have everything. Literally, I have inherited everything! I can't even imagine. Help me to face today like I have everything wonderful to look forward to. Because I do.

8 comments:

JanAl said...

It's about time ! LOL!

May you find Joy in this day, and peace in knowing that you are here, for such a time as this! I look forward to your prayers through Ephesians.

Glad you are back! :}

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Amanda! :-) Isn’t it so wonderful how the living water never ceases to refresh and renew us, even after we make our way back feeling dry and thirsty?!

I love this quote of John Piper (that I read in Sam Storms book Pleasures Evermore)that your post today reminded me of:

“God has no needs that I [or anyone else] could ever be required to satisfy. God has no deficiencies that I might be required to supply. He is complete in himself. He is overflowing with happiness in the fellowship of the Trinity. The upshot of this is that God is a mountain spring, not a watering trough. A mountain spring is self-replenishing. It constantly overflows and supplies others. But a watering trough needs to be filled with a pump or a bucket brigade. So if you want to glorify the worth of a watering trough you work hard to keep it full and useful. But if you want to glorify the worth of a spring you do it by getting down on your hands and knees and drinking to your heart’s satisfaction, until you have the refreshment and strength to go back down in the valley and tell people what you’ve found.…
My hope as a desperate sinner, who lives in a Death Valley desert of unrighteousness, hangs on this biblical truth: that God is the kind of God who will be pleased with the one thing I have to offer – my thirst. That is why the sovereign freedom and self-sufficiency of God are so precious to me. They are the foundation of my hope that God is delighted, not by the resourcefulness of bucket brigades but by the bending down of broken sinners to drink at the fountain of grace.”

Amanda said...

Janal ~ Glad to be back!

Debbie ~ AWESOME! I have read that book, but right now that quote was REALLY encouraging! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

So happy to see you're back, Amanda! We missed you!

Kati said...

Just seeing if this thing works...

:)

Kati said...

Yaaay! It does!

Amanda said...

Wow, I guess I have more computer genius than I thought! :)

I'm glad you can comment, Kati!

Nan said...

Hi!

I too am glad to see you back!

Debbie, your John Piper quote was sooo gooood! That God is pleased when I offer to Him, my thirst!
When we are physically parched, we have no trouble understanding what we need to do. And nothing tastes better than cold water to a dry mouth! And yet, I still have trouble recognizing the true problem when it comes to my spiritual thirst....wait a minute. I take that back. I DO know what the problem is...I am thirsty, so I make broken cysterns for myself. And I keep trying to drink from them! Over and over! In the same way that cold water tastes unbelievably good when I'm truly thirsty, God's Word quenches my thirsty soul, so much better after I have really been through a dry spell!

I have missed your posts because I drink from them too!