Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Ephesians 4

I sat at my computer yesterday morning and typed a sentence, then deleted it... then typed a sentence, then deleted it. Finally, I realized that I really didn't have anything to share. My spirit was rather dry, so I had nothing overflowing to give to others. Before I tried to post, I tried to pray. It wasn't much better. I didn't know what to pray, so I just asked God to sort out my heart and mend it, because I didn't know why I was feeling so down.

1 I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, 2 with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, 3 eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

God did sort out my heart. He did it through a dear friend who was walking in the manner worthy of her calling. She encouraged me with the gospel, with the fact that even though I felt far away, the Spirit was near, interceding for me. Then she was bold enough to ask me if I had any unconfessed sin that needed to be addressed. Wow! Short version of the story: I did, and because she asked, I humbled myself and went God for forgiveness and to the person that I had wronged. After I did, I felt so free, the way that those who the Son has set free should feel. I am thankful that God didn't leave us on this earth to fight against the darkness alone! He left us the rest of the body of Christ to bear with us in love.

15 Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, 16 from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love.

Father, let me not forget that we are each a crucial part of your body. You have a part for each of us to play, and when we play our part, lives are changed. Help me to see each of my brothers and sisters as important to my sanctification, and I to them, so that we can build the body up in love, and we can bring in the rest of the body who has yet to be added. Thank you for not leaving me here to flounder on my own, for my heart is deceitful and so many times I don't know it. Bring unity to the body here, Lord. Let us stand united against the darkness and watch you scatter your Light to places and people that have never seen it.

4 comments:

JanAl said...

Praise God ! ;]

Anonymous said...

This has brought tears to my eyes. How thankful I am for how the Lord has used others in the Body of Christ in helping and encouraging me in my walk with Him. Praise God He placed such a friend into your life also!

Nan said...

Hi!

Wow! Such a testimony!

It has inspired me to go to someone dear to me that I have encountered a personal struggle! I have this heavy feeling and now I know why. I still have some unfinished business to attend to! Thanks for your blogspot!

luvya

Amanda said...

Nancy,
Glad you were helped by it. The blessing has trickled down through me and on to others!