Sunday, October 4, 2009

Things You Were Never Meant To Shoulder

All of your tears are the wages for things you've done.
All of those nights spent alone in the darkness of your mind.
Give it up, let it go. These are things you were never meant to shoulder.

Are you carrying burdens that have already been carried for you?
Are you running from a past that has already been wiped clean?
You don't have to. Look to the cross. The river that washed you clean is still flowing. Jump in. Remember how it rushes over you. Remember how clean it makes you feel. Remember that you can't clean yourself up enough that you don't need the River.




Psalm 38: 4-8
My guilt overwhelms me—
it is a burden too heavy to bear.
My wounds fester and stink
because of my foolish sins.
I am bent over and racked with pain.
All day long I walk around filled with grief.
A raging fever burns within me,
and my health is broken.
I am exhausted and completely crushed.
My groans come from an anguished heart.


Isaiah 61:7

Instead of shame and dishonor,
you will enjoy a double share of honor.
You will possess a double portion of prosperity in your land,
and everlasting joy will be yours.

Psalm 34:4-5
I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me.
He freed me from all my fears.
Those who look to him for help will be radiant with joy;
no shadow of shame will darken their faces.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen! We were never meant to shoulder the heavy burden of guilt and shame and praise God that He has provided the way to be cleansed from it all. A way of healing that brings radiant joy!

Thank you for this encouraging post Amanda. :)