Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Light

1 John 1

5 This is the message we have heard from him and proclaim to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.

"Father, as you prepare my heart for service, show me the light. I long to be warmed by it, but also to catch fire from it. I need the light to shine on my path, and I need it to blind my eyes to everything else. You are the Light, and You are the Consuming Fire, and I want to feel the heat! My heart's desire is to walk in the light, You are the light, so reveal Yourself to me yet again, Lord. Shine Your light on my heart, search me and know me, I am laid bare before You, cleanse me so that I can lay down my life for others."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful prayer Amanda!

There is a very short song on my 1988 2nd Chapter of Acts record album (yep, it's old!)that reflects your prayer, called Purify Me.

Living God, consuming fire,
Burn the sin from my life;
Make Your will my desire
Take my life in your hands.
Purify me with your blood,
'Til I shine far brighter that purest gold
In your eyes.

What is amazing, God brought this song to my mind earlier this morning before I read your prayer.

JanAl said...

:}