Thursday, October 28, 2010

Psalm 69 Humility in the Kingdom

30 Then I will praise God's name with singing,
and I will honor him with thanksgiving.
31 For this will please the LORD more than sacrificing cattle,
more than presenting a bull with its horns and hooves.
32 The humble will see their God at work and be glad.
Let all who seek God's help be encouraged.
33 For the LORD hears the cries of the needy;
he does not despise his imprisoned people.

Lord, let me see you at work at be glad! Keep me from wanting to see my work be done and boast! My heart is so deceitful, Lord; I cannot know it. However, you always know it. Like the king in Proverbs 21, let my heart be like a stream of water in your hands; direct it as it pleases You!

Father, forgive me for seeing your work and lamenting because it wasn't the way that I wanted it. Spirit, let me hear your voice as you direct my heart. Jesus, be glorified as we lift you up!

No comments: